Monday, December 3, 2007

Are some Bollywood item girls’ high-class call girls?



By Flynn Remedios

The answer to this question is a capital Y-E-S. And if you don't belive me, you must have a nice, lengthly, friendly, off-the-record chat with the DCP-Enforcement of the Mumbai Crime Branch, under whose jurisdiction the Social Service Branch falls.
But before you reach for your lawyers, let me clarify that not all item girls are dhandewallis and most of them are decent, nice girls who may gyrate to spicy, racy music and wear little or nothing while performing, but go home to their families (husbands, boyfriends, brothers, mothers) after their “shows” are over.

Many of the girls who also do “private shows” are also nice, decent girls, who may have a colored personal life but are not full-time call girls. They may have a new boyfriend every six months or sometimes every month, but then as long as they are with one man, they stay committed to that man. Most item girls expect financial support from their boyfriends and choose their boyfriends accordingly after “checking out their financial status”, but then that is a normal thing and most fathers would do the same before giving out their daughters in marriage.

However, we are not concerned with these nice girls. This chapter deals with the lives of those who lead the double life and who always will make a “Double Offer”. For the uninitiated, The Double Offer refers to when a girl agrees to perform on stage or at a private party and also agrees to go to bed with the organizer, the sponsor or sometimes both, for double or even five times the normal amount she would perform for. This means that if “sonali” would normally be paid Rs 15,000/- for a 14-minutes-two-entries performance, she demands Rs 50,000/- to Rs one lac for also sleeping with either the co-ordinator getting her the assignment, or the sponsor or the organizer of the event. The saddest part is some desperate girls stricken by the lucre of money, fame and glamour will go to bed with all three, sometimes in one night itself to “get the assignment”.


While I am not really sure about this, according to information obtained from several co-ordinators, rival item girls and even organizers, item girl, model and stage performer Moon Das allegedly was also in this lot. Let me specify that I am not making any personal allegations. I am not trying to tarnish her character or outrage her modesty. I am only doing my job as a journalist, which is to present before my readers the collective opinions of many people in the know - people whom I have interviewed over two years and who have shared (some on them in strict confidence) many, many other "juicy" details which I obviously cannot put out on an open blog. I am only putting on record what I have heard from several others. I am only recording a “so-called known secret”. It is a different thing that my personal investigations have confirmed these rumours, and I have solid proof to back my claims, but I do not wish to emphasize on this right now. For all the details of my investigation, you gotta buy my book dude.

2 comments:

Anugya A Sinha said...

You hv really made me curios now....just waiting for your book to release...
BTW wen are u planning to launch it here in mumbai???

Yayaver said...

I have now read archives of the blog and find it 'daring'. It will be too early to reach on the conclusion soon for me about the authencity as naive reader. Best of luck for the book and I will buy a copy of the book for sure. Hope it will bring naked truth in front of everyone. Keep writing on blog (not just for promotion of book), you are good writer too.